Thursday, January 6, 2011

DIY synth built using designs from a very cool website called 'Music From Outer Space'



from the builder "I picked up a couple Ray Wilson MFOS PC boards - The "Ultimate" and "Ultimate Expander" - and since he had nice panels available I got those as well.
I started the project with the idea of building a complete portable keyboard synth - and am quite happy with how it turned out. I built this so with the removal of two bolts they synth unit and the keys can be taken apart and used separately from each other. Both units have their own power supply, and the synth section includes a small monitor amp/speaker.
It sounds great, stays in tune - and is very fun to play. Unfortunately - I don't play keys... Sorry about the noise on the audio - it's not the synth but the recording process.
You can find pics and a better description of this build and my other projects at SDIY.org/RFeng"

No comments: